Permanently securing dispensers, requires that screws or molly bolts be used. This method is suggested for tub/shower installation for maximum security.
Step 1: Preparation
Be sure to clean all surfaces
with alcohol and dry thoroughly
prior to installation to remove
any greasy residue.
Positioning Your Dispensers:
If in the tub and shower area, avoid direct spray of water.
Dispensers should be centered directly above the soap dish on tub wall, and placed at chest level.
Dispensers should be placed away from water spray and at chest level.
Mount dispensers directly on a mirrored surface with the base of the dispenser unit sitting on the top of ledge of the backsplash or directly on the counter which will allow for optimum support. Mouthwash dispenser units should be placed on ledge of backsplash.
Step 2: Positioning the mounting plate for tile walls
- Position mounting plate's counterbore holes over the tile grout, not over ceramic tile.
- This positioning will save having to replace tile if you wish to remove the units at a later time.
Step 3: Mark and drill holes
Using the right and left outside holes on the mounting plate, mark the holes on the grout line of the tile wall with a marking device.
Drill holes the same size as your selected screws.
For other wall surfaces, make sure drill holes are aligned properly in a straight line.
Step 4: Mount the plate
- Peel protective paper from mounting plate tape.
- Locate the holes marked on the wall and align the mounting plate to the grout line holes.
- Firmly press mounting plate to the wall for 30 seconds.
Step 5: Bolting plate to wall
Using only stainless steel screws or molly-bolts,
insert screws into counterbore holes in the mounting
plate or bracket and screw into wall for maximum support.
Step 6: Sealing secured mounting plate
- Now using silicone glue adhesive, place a small evenly distributed bead of glue around the entire outer edge of the mounting plate on the wall. This will seal the plate from getting water and residue behind it.
- Clean off all excess silicone from mirror or tub shower wall with a wet cloth.
- Let glue dry for a minimum of 6 hours, and preferably 24 hours prior to replacing and filling dispensers full of liquid products. If you fill dispensers without waiting for them to "set", the weight of the liquids in the dispensers will frequently cause the mounting plate to be pulled off the wall. Your dispensers will come crashing down, spilling liquids everywhere, and making a big mess.